Dr. Kyle Wanzel is a well respected Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgeon. He has been practicing plastic surgery in Toronto for over ten years.
This website is dedicated mainly to providing information about his aesthetic practice. The aesthetic side consists of surgical and noninvasive procedures. Dr. Wanzel also continues to maintain a very active practice in reconstructive and OHIP covered procedures as well. The majority of his non-aesthetic practice consists of hand surgery and benign and malignant diseases of the skin.
By perusing this website and/or meeting with Dr. Wanzel you will quickly learn that aesthetic plastic surgery is a unique specialty similar to other divisions in the science of medicine, but unique in its blend of form, function, and artistic beauty unique to the individual.
When you call the office to schedule your consultation you will be given an appointment and can also be sent an email with links for directions and further information about your procedure.
At the time of your consultation you will meet Dr. Wanzel. He will discuss all the details of your proposed procedure and outline all of your options. Discussion will include all relevant information about the plan before, during and after your surgery.
Please contact us by calling 416-236-2571 or filling out the online form on the website to schedule your consultation today.
The consultation and other noninvasive aesthetic procedures (e.g., BOTOX® and injectable fillers) are performed primarily at Dr. Wanzel's private office, located at:
Surgical procedures are performed primarily at St. Joseph's Health Centre, a University of Toronto teaching hospital, located at:
Preoperative instruction may include the following:
- Avoid aspirin, ASA, and entrophen for 2 weeks ahead of surgery
- Avoid other known blood thinner medications (eg. Coumadin, Warfarin, Heparin, Plavix, Eliquis, Xarelto, and Pradaxa), but depending on the type of blood thinner and the procedure, Dr. Wanzel will instruct you when to start and stop your medication
- Avoid other vitamins and herbal remedies known to thin the blood (eg. Omega 3 supplements, fish oil, Vitamin E and St. John’s wart) for 2 weeks ahead of surgery
- If applicable and recommended by Dr. Wanzel, you may need to obtain an ECG and blood work before your surgery (this can be done at our lab next door)
- Depending on your medical history, you may also require a Preadmit appointment at the hospital to meet the Anesthesiologist before your procedure (this will be arranged by our office)
- There is also a Pre-Operative Instruction Sheets available on the website for your reference
The surgery is completed at St. Joseph’s Health Centre.
- Shower the morning of surgery
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing
- Do not put any products on your skin (including makeup, moisturizers, underarm deodorant, baby powder, Vaseline and spray tans)
- Remove all nail polish and body piercings
- Nothing to eat or drink (including water, coffee and tea) after midnight the night before
- Permitted medications may be taken with sips of water
- If you are having breast surgery, bring your bra with you as we will put it on you at the end of the operation while you are still asleep
- You will need a ride to and from the hospital
- Please arrive two hours to your surgery time
- You will meet the Anesthesiologist in the Pre-op area
Once your procedure is complete you will be brought into the recovery room where the nurses will make you comfortable. For home:
- Rest as much as possible
- Some short walks around the house are permitted and encouraged
- Leave any garments on and do not remove them, unless otherwise instructed
- Sponge bath and keep the incisions and any garments dry until your first post-operative visit and permission to shower is given
- If drains are used, you will be given instructions on how to empty them (there are also written instructions available on the website)
- There are Post-Operative Instruction sheets for most procedures available on the website for your reference